What would it feel like to let go of your duties, your stress – I mean, heck, just your bags?
What would it feel like to not have to worry about being “on point” – for about an an hour. To rest for a minute? To vent and say all the things you can’t at home?
What would it feel like to think in a straight line, without pausing to get your child a snack, or protect them from falling, or answer a question, or breastfeed, or… the list goes on.
Being a Mom
Unless you’re a mom, you won’t understand the impact that fragmented thinking has on someone day to day.
Do you ever think of a sentence in your mind, but your voice comes out garbled and you can’t think of how to put them in a straight order?
Mom, your nervous system needs soothing. Welcome to your safe space.
Meeting our needs
When our needs aren’t met, our bodies and minds just don’t work right.
So many times for mothers, our emotional needs are so far from being met, but because our basic needs often aren’t either (like sleeping and eating properly), we naturally turn into survivors.
The stress of living in survivor mode takes it’s toll.
Can you relate?
- Feeling hopeless, lost or overwhelmed
- Wanting just a minute to yourself
- Resentment towards your partner or family
- Feelings of failure, or you aren’t as good as others
- Fear from change and worry about the future
- Anxiety in social situations
- Disappointment in your life choices
- Depression about the fatal tragedy of life
- Anger (just period.)
I am Claire Eliassen – Audacious Therapy – offering counseling for women and moms
Life can feel beautiful again.
I KNOW you’ve felt it before, even though you might not now – wonder. The wonder of life. The beauty of sparkles on a body of water, the amazement after you’ve gone on a walk through nature, the feeling of love when someone holds you, the joy a bit of laughter can bring.
It’s still there, I promise. Waiting for you. To light that spark back inside yourself and shine.
Gentle, healing counseling can help:
- Regain clarity about your soul’s purpose
- Activate parts of your brain that self-heal
- Give you a break from the chaos of the world
- Open up your heart’s empathy and love
- Help you become an even better, loving parent
- Enhance patience with your family and partner
- Motivate you to be the best person you can be
Parenting is not easy. Every day can be full of sweet moments of connections and joy as well as tears, frustration or exhaustion. I love supporting moms to be their best self as a parent while also trying to hold on to or find who they are and what they need too. Sometimes it’s venting about the latest thing your child did and sometimes it’s wrestling with the meaning of life and your place in this crazy world. I love celebrating the daily moments as well as supporting moms to know their own strength and value.